About the Academy
District Science Day is Going Virtual!
Every effort is being made to ensure you have the opportunity to present at District Science Day.
The STEM Wizard registration system will support the virtual judging of projects for both District Science Days and State Science Day. This same platform will also include judging for Sponsored Awards.
A new STEM Wizard Milestone is being developed and will require the following elements
• A final report that includes the Research Plan plus the collected data, discussion of the results and conclusions, and the abstract
• Students will answer specific questions taken from the judging rubric
• Students will upload good quality photos of their poster display, capturing all of the details in focus
• Students will create a short video of their presentation (5 to 8 minutes)
You will be notified via email when the new Milestone has been added to the District Science Day registration site. This notification will include more details and further instructions.
While these details are not currently available, you will be provided with sufficient time to address the new milestone and complete the registration.
For judges, we need your help now more than ever
This new virtual platform will allow judging to happen over a 5-7-day period. Virtual judging offers much greater time flexibility than a traditional in-person, on-campus event. If you haven’t already done so, please register now.
The Ohio Academy of Science is a membership based, volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization.
The Academy is the leading organization in Ohio to foster curiosity, discovery, and innovation and to unite all who value education, science, engineering, technology, or their applications for the benefit of society. The Academy conducts an annual meeting and science days, and publishes an international, multidisciplinary, scientific journal.
To foster curiosity, discovery, innovation, and problem-solving skills in Ohio
The Ohio Academy of Science is the leading organization in Ohio advancing the understanding and practice of science, engineering, and technology.
Objectives of the Academy
- Encourage and assure the discovery, understanding, dissemination and practice of education, science, mathematics, engineering, technology and their applications.
- Facilitate continuing professional development and training.
- Promote interdisciplinary interaction and collaboration.
- Provide advice to local, state and federal governments.
- Promote innovation and adoption of new technologies.
- Monitor, report on, and advocate funding opportunities for research and development, and education.
- Widen public understanding and appreciation of science to help create an informed citizenry.
- Publish and otherwise disseminate peer reviewed, original contributions to education, science, engineering, technology, and their applications, and distribute other information.
- Award individual, team, and employer performance.